- Category: Other Live Issues
- Hits: 213
All change at CRT
with new Regional Directors
CRT’s new regional structure was put in place on 4th June and the following Regional Directors have been appointed:
- London & South East – Ros Daniels. She has extensive experience of the heritage and tourism sector, most recently as Head of Historic Properties, London at English Heritage. She has managed a variety of historic houses, gardens and countryside for English Heritage and the National Trust. Her waterway connection is that, in her spare time, she is a ‘keen canoeist and paddle boarder’.
- Wales & South West – Richard Thomas. He has had a long career in the Royal Navy, in which ‘he transited two canals’. He also says he wants to become a liveaboard boater, with ‘aspirations to live afloat on the canal in Gloucester.’
- West Midlands – Adnan Saif. He has worked in senior positions in local government, regeneration and economic development, and is currently Chief Executive of the British Muslim Heritage Centre. He has also founded and led many non-governmental and voluntary organisations at local, European and international levels and he started a social enterprise initiative that seeks to improve leadership and service delivery in local government and civil society. He has no waterway connections.
- East Midlands – Phil Mulligan. He is a professional third sector manager with management experience in the voluntary sector, notably as Chief Executive of the Landscape Institute, Executive Director of the United Nations Association UK, and Chief Executive of Environmental Protection UK. He is also a National Trust Council member, representing the Conservation Volunteers, an organisation on whose Board he served for five years.
He also had a key role in the Government's involvement in the creation of CRT as Vice Chair of Defra’s Civil Society Advisory Board. He has no known waterway connections.
- Yorkshire & North East – Sean McGinley. He is currently the East Midlands Waterway Manager, and has worked on the waterways in management and engineering posts for 16 years. H
- North West – Daniel Greenhalgh is the interim Regional Director, (for up to 12 months). He was a site engineer for a Liverpool civil engineering contractor before joining the waterways in 2005. He is a senior manager at CRT, responsible for major canal infrastructure projects and formerly the delivery of all the Trust’s operational contracts.