Security of your Personal Information
nabo.org.uk is committed to protecting the security of your personal information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
Use of your Personal Information.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To deliver membership benefits
- To deliver electronic services, such as newsletters or downloads that you request
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you.
- To alert you to amendments, corrections, special offers, updated information and other new services from NABO, if you so request.
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of our site as appropriate.
When you visit the NABO website, a cookie is often placed on your machine (if it is set up to accept cookies) or an existing cookie is read if you have visited the site previously. This is only used to remember your login details, to make it easier for you.
Sharing Your Personal Information
As a matter of principle we do not sell information we retain about you to any third parties. We do share limited information in the following limited and specific circumstances:
- We use agents to perform certain operational functions such as magazine distribution and use PayPal and credit-card processing for membership subscriptions. We pass on to these partners only the information they need about you to perform the service required, and they are not allowed to use this information for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on NABO or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of NABO, or (c) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of NABO employees, representatives, members, or members of the public.
Control of your Personal Information
When you register, or otherwise give us personal information, NABO will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than for the limited exceptions already listed. It will only be used for the purposes stated above. At the time of registering for some services, you will be given the option to opt out of receiving email from NABO beyond the scope of the specific service in question. If you do not opt out at this point, we may send you what we in good faith believe to be useful and relevant information about our services. You can view the information that we retain about you by logging in to your account. At any time you can change your preferences for how or if we contact you, or change the information that we hold. For email registrations where you do not have a full account and password set up, subscription options can be changed and authenticated through email.
Collection of your Personal Information
We will ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (personal information) or allows us to contact you. Generally, we request this information when you are registering before downloading or viewing limited-access content, or ordering email bulletins. In each circumstance we try to limit the information we request to the minimum required to deliver the service to you. We may also use various standard technologies such as cookies to track user activity on our site.